Quarantine at coronavirus pandemic.
Quarantine at coronavirus pandemic
Coronavirus pandemic is pervading the entire world. Nothing can stop this deadly demon. One after another it is taking innocent life. The social and economic activities are in threat. At present, because of the COVID-19 outbreak the word quarantine came into discussion. Now, more than 203 countries are affected by Coronavirus. The death toll reached about 50 thousand. All countries affected by Corona have been locked down. Everyone is advised to stay home so that the corona could not spread. All the countries are rapidly advising their people to be quarantined at coronavirus pandemic.
All the media is repeatedly broadcasting that you stay in the quarantine. So, what quarantine is? How to be in quarantine?
Today, we will talk about Quarantine and the needs of Quarantine at coronavirus pandemic and the ways to maintain Quarantine.
What is Quarantine?
Quarantine is a restriction on the movement of people to prevent the spread of disease. Keeping distance from the infected people is quarantine. To keep people away from the disease or to prevent further spread and to monitor the disease quarantine is important. Quarantine at coronavirus pandemic is effective to prevent the spread of any disease.
What happens when a person is quarantined?
During quarantine you can do most indoor things that you used to do every day. When you are in quarantine you need to maintain a social distance. It keeps you away from others so that you don’t unknowingly infect anyone. Quarantine is avoiding close contact with others.
If unknowingly you are living with, visiting people or share a room with someone with COVID-19 then the disease may affect you or anyone may get affected by you. But, if you remain quarantined in such a situation then the spread will reduce.
What does social distancing mean?
Social distancing is changing in behavior that helps to stop COVID-19. This includes avoiding social contact, work place, individuals, with a view to reducing transmission of an outbreak. Governments and doctors around the world are advising people to maintain social distance among themselves in order to reduce and, or to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
How do you practice social distance?
As an individual, you can diminish your risk of Coronavirus attack by reducing your contact with other people or fewer people. Avoiding public places and unnecessary gatherings with large numbers of people and crowds you can keep yourself from the virus. These will lower the chance of attacking infectious diseases like flu or any other disease. If possible work from home. Organize official meetings via video conference rather than doing in-person crowded meeting. Try to avoid public transport, restaurants, park, and crowd. World Health Organization recommends maintaining at least 1 meter between two or more people.
Does social distancing work?
There is evidence from previous outbreaks, that social distancing is effective to reduce spreading viruses.
How can you maintain social distance?
Separate yourself from people you live with, if possible. Though it is quiet impossible to use a separate bathroom, kitchen, and center room raise awareness in your family and make those clean as it is possible.
Here are some ways to maintain social distance –
- Working from home
- Making things personal
- Using separate bed
- Avoiding Office
- Avoiding relatives visiting
- Closing schools
- switching offline classes into online classes
- Canceling meetings
What is self-quarantine?
Quarantining means staying home and away from others and self-quarantine is for the people who visited infected people or come from any infected country. Depending on health status, you may need self-quarantine and making social distance. And it will be helpful for reducing the transmission of the COVID-19. Healthcare personnel says that self-quarantine lasts for 14 days. They said, 14 days is enough to identify infectious people. If you have recently returned from traveling to any country where COVID-19 is spreading rapidly you may be asked for self-Quarantine.
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Wearing a face mask
- Clean your hands often
- Clean all high-touch surfaces every day
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Monitor your symptoms
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor
- Take care of your mental health
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- If possible separate yourself from people and animals
- Not sharing things like towels, dishes, and utensils
- Not having visitors
- Staying at least 6 feet away from a family member
Once your quarantine period ends you may return to your routine. Enjoy your life as it is and was.
What is isolation?
Being alone or living in a place and, or situation separated from others is isolation. To stop infection isolation is important for infected. Though Isolation increase the risks of mental health issues like depression, anxiety and low self-esteem, to prevent infected people need to keep in isolation.
What to do when you are in QUARANTINE?
Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 spreads mainly from person to person. It infects people by the droplets of cough and sneezes of infected people. For this, we should avoid close contact.
Some advice to be safe from COVID-19 when you are in isolation:
- Stay at home
- Do not visit friends and relative
- Practice social distancing.
- Make six feet distance from others
- Work from home and ask the employer to work from home.
- Avoid Money, money contains various viruses
- Avoid shopping complex
- Be active on social media it will entertain you at isolation
- Avoid people those who are sick
- Buy daily needs during off-peak hours
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly for minimum 20 seconds after returning from public places
- Avoid touching door handles, shopping carts, elevator buttons, etc.
- If possible use separate bathroom
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol or local soap and detergents
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- If you use a tissue, throw it away immediately not in public places
- Wear a mask
- Keep your house clean
If you feel sick, follow these guidelines:
- Take primary medical aid
- Call nearby medical or an emergency number and explain your symptoms over the phone
- Wear a mask if you need to go to medical with respiratory symptoms
- Do not cough and sneeze in a public place
- Avoid public and cruddy places
- Avoid public transport
As the number of patients continues to increase social awareness is important. If we follow the rules mentioned above then we will get rid of coronavirus. If your quarantine, then it may save a life it will be beneficial for the human being.